I recently asked on a forum I frequent if anybody had tried the Sue Moxley range called FAMOUS. I didn't get any replies and being as attracted to the colours as I am I took the plunge. I bought 3 eyeshadow palettes which each contain 4 eyeshadows and cost £9 each from Superdrug. Superdrug currently have an offer on these palettes making them 342 until the end of Tuesday the 31st August. They are only available in some of the bigger stores and are not available on the Superdrug website.

The first palette is called 'Smokey Plum':

The colours appear slightly muted in my photo but if you look at the swatch on my bare skin in natural light you can see they are really vivid colours. You have a pale peach, a pale pink, a chocolate brown and then a gorgeous purples colour.


The next palette is called 'No Dull Moment':
This has a pale cream, a turquoise blue, a bright blue and then a shimmery lilac colour. The colours are lovely and really soft, if you dampen the applicator you can get a really intense colour. The turquoise shade is similar to the MUA colour I used in a recent blog post however the texture and amount of shimmer is different, this seems a lot more grown up.



The final palette is called 'Jealousy':

These are all rich, beautiful greens. Very mermaid like and a lot more vibrant than they look in the palette. I decided to use these greens straight away, the look is below.



I think the coolness of the lighter green really helps to bring out the slightly golden ring around my pupil. I really love the colours and the shadows themselves were really easy to apply, they weren't loose and crumbly like some shadows are so I didn't need to worry about them dropping on my cheeks, they also blended really well and feel really great on my eyelids. Other than the Jealousy palette the only other product I used was my GOSH Looooong Lash mascara in black. I'm now really tempted to go buy some of the other palettes while the offer is still on. The FAMOUS range also includes solo eyeshadows, lip glosses, mascara's as well as complete kits for brows, eyes and lips and full face 'glamour' packs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment